Learn About Our Community
Carle Foundation Hospital is located in the twin cities of Champaign (population
66,000) and Urbana (population 37,000), familiarly referred to as C-U.
- Less than 150 miles away from Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
- Home to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a world-renowned university
with a vast array of educational, cultural and athletic facilities, opportunities
- Proud to be the home to Parkland College, a fully accredited two-year college.
- Headquarters location of several large corporations and many new high-tech
- Ranked as one of the world's top ten "Hot New Tech Cities" in a
recent Newsweek story.
- Sophisticated and has the cultural advantages of a large cosmopolitan university
with a relaxed atmosphere while maintaining friendly, small-town hospitality.
- The birthplace of 40 North/88 West, a Culture and Entertainment Council dedicated
to cultivating a thriving environment for the arts, culture and entertainment.
In Champaign-Urbana, you can:
- Take in a performance at The Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, a world-class
showcase and regular host to internationally acclaimed artists that rivals other
larger, metropolitan centers.
- Be a part of Big 10 Athletics including football, basketball, volleyball,
soccer and more!
- Enjoy a wide variety of nightlife and restaurants—something for everyone,
no matter what your taste.
- Be captivated by a live performance at the Parkland College Theatre, The Station
Theater or the historic Virginia Theatre, host to the annual Roger Ebert Film
- Stroll through one of more than 80 parks with something for everyone, where
you can wander the rolling prairie, canoe on scenic rivers, sail, fish, camp,
- Learn about the stars and planets at the William M. Staerkel Planetarium,
the 2nd largest in Illinois.
- Peruse the Krannert Art Museum & Kinkhead Pavilion, the 2nd largest art
museum in Illinois next to the Chicago Art Institute.
And much more…there’s plenty for you in C-U!
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Main
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
City of Champaign
City of Urbana
Carle Hotel and